Welcome to our new website. Take a look around, we hope you like it.
- As restrictions begin to ease in England we are seeing our demand increase significantly. We are still here as we have been throughout the pandemic and you can contact us by phone or by coming in to the surgery now.
- Although things are beginning to get back to some form of normal we want to remind you to still be vigilant as the virus is still very much around and although you may not become too ill if you catch the virus, other more vunerable people are still at risk. We are here to help all our patients and we want to keep you all as safe as possible so we ask that when entering the surgery, you wear a face mask or covering and sanitise you hands whilst maintaining distance from others.
- You can now pre-book telephone and face to face appointments and we are still carrying out the telephone triage for urgent appointments on the day. If the GP feels a face to face appointment is needed they will make you an appropriate appointment for the same day.
- We will welcome 2 new Registar's with us here in August and we will keep you updated on here with more information.
- Our recpetion team have undergone the Care Navigation training recently and are working hard to ensure they find you the most appopriate service for your needs. They may ask a few questions about your problem but this is to ensure they can assist you at the first call and direct you to the best care for your needs. We would really appreciate your help with this. Help us to help you.
- Delay in roll-out of patient data sharing programme (GPDPR)
Following extensive lobbying by the BMA and RCGP, the Government announced a delay to the rollout of GPDPR, with full rollout now expected on 1 September rather than 1 July. If you would not like your GP data shared with NHS Digital using GPDPR, you need to register an opt-out with your GP Practice, please visit the links below. In this article we explain:- How the opt-outs work, What you might want to consider before making a decision
- Visit https://www.digitalhealthcoachuk.net/gpdpr for more information to help you decide, and download an Opt-Out form. https://youtu.be/7u_wxFOHR3g
The Southwell Medical Centre Team